Istanbul is a city that made it the capital of 3 great empires. The Byzantine Empire is one of them. The Byzantine Empire existed for about 1000 years. In these 1000 years, of course, it left many cultural and artistic gifts to his capital, Istanbul. Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and Grand Covered Bazaar are just a few of them.
Book your place on the Byzantine Relics Tour which is a half-day morning old city tour to get to know the Byzantine Empire, which is highly improved in terms of culture and art, and discover the traces it left. This historical atmosphere will give you an unforgettable day. Here are the places we will visit on our half-day morning tour and our old city tour program:
You will be picked up from your hotel in the city center and meet your guide at a common point. Then you will visit the Hippodrome, Hagia Sophia Museum, and Grand Covered Bazaar, one of the most iconic structures of Istanbul.
-The Hagia Sophia Grand Mosque
This structure, which is accepted as a heritage of humanity for the whole world, has always been and will continue to be the center of attention of domestic and foreign tourists. Having unique architecture, Hagia Sophia has served as both a cathedral, a church, a museum, and a mosque. The Byzantine Empire did not inherit Hagia Sophia only to the historical peninsula. It is the common heritage left to all humanity.
This square, where various organizations such as parades and chariot races were held during the Byzantine Empire, contains many important historical buildings around it. Today it is known as Sultanahmet Square.
Known as the Blue Mosque by foreign tourists due to the color of its tiles, the Sultanahmet Camii has magnificent architecture. The reason for this is the Byzantine architectural inspiration it received from its neighbor Hagia Sophia.
-The Grand Covered Bazaar
The Grand Bazaar is the place where the heart of shopping beats, which is very popular among foreign tourists coming to Istanbul. It is lively and crowded at all hours of the day. It includes many alternative products such as traditional Turkish carpets, souvenirs, ceramic products, and leather garments.
You should not leave the city without joining the Byzantine Relics Tour, which promises to admire the history of the city.
-This tour is not operated on Friday.
-This tour is finished at Grand Bazaar. (No transfer back to hotels)
-Grand Bazaar closed on Sunday / Replaced with Arasta Bazaar
-Blue Mosque & Hagia Sophia Mosque closed on Friday due to Prayer.
- -Hotel pick-up by air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle.
- -Entrance fees
- -Professional licensed tour guide
- -Service charges & local taxes
- -Personal expenses
- -Tips and gratuities
- Pick-up for hotels in Old City and Taksim at scheduled times.
- -Unfortunately, this tour is not suitable for wheelchairs.
- -This tour is not operated on Friday.
- -This tour is finished at Grand Bazaar (No transfer back to hotels)
- Free for children 0-2 years old.
- 30% discount for children below the age of 7.
- -Free cancellation until last 24 hours before the tour starting time.
- -If you fail to cancel we have to apply no-show.
- -Our vehicles are regularly disinfected.
- -Social distance between guests will be maintained as much as possible.
- -Our guests are required to wear masks.
- -Masks will be given to our guests who do not have a mask.
- -There are disinfectants in our vehicles for our guests to use.
- -The body temperatures and health conditions of the guests will be checked, and our guests with a fever above 37 degrees will not be taken on the tour.
- The tour price is per person
- Currency: Euro
There are no reviews for this tour
Theme Of The Tour
Local Places & Life Style Tours
Art, Culture & Design
Art & Culture & Design Tours
Travel & Transportation Services
We have just received your demand. Our team is going to check and answer it after a short while. Your request will also be published here. Much appreciated for your kindest interest and patience.