How about feeling like James Bond in Skyfall?
Recall the scene where he was riding his motorcycle on an old rooftop. You cannot ride a motorcycle but you will have a chance to walk on the same route on the rooftop of the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul which was listed as No.1 among the world's most-visited tourist attractions with 91,250,000 annual visitors in its alleyways.
With its accessible 18 different gates, 61 covered streets, and over 4,000 shops in authenticity, it allows strolling throughout its history. You will meet Turkey’s finest artisans and experience the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul like never before with our exclusive rooftop tour. Take in the breathtaking views of the city from atop the bazaar's iconic dome while learning about the history and culture of this ancient marketplace.
While on the rooftop, you'll have the opportunity to explore the intricate details of the dome and its architecture and learn about the techniques used to construct this stunning feat of engineering.
What to expect:
With a speacial permission taken from the authority of the Grand Bazaar, in this half-day tour, you will have the privilege to
- Walk on the path for 15-20 minutes between the newly renovated rooftops.
- Witness the best view of the historical sites.
- Be informed by your licensed professional guide.
- Visit the workshops of carpet weavers, metal smiths, jewelry designers, and many more.
- Meet the owners of the stores.
- Pick and buy traditional and handmade carpets, kilim, calligraphy, leather and ceramic products, and jewelry while you are slurping your tea or coffee.
During your visit to the rooftop, you will have a view with
- Historical Istanbul University's main gate
- Booksellers' Bazaar,
- Passerby (Yolgeçen) Inn
- Gramophoneist Mehmet Usta
- Cebeci Inn
- Lining Inn
- Oriental Coffee Shop
- Nur-u Osmaniye Mosque
- Sandal Bazaar
- Antique Bazaar
- Cevahir Bazaar
- Eagle of Byzantine
- Chained (Zincirli) Inn,
- Cuhacı Inn
- Row Rooms (Sıraodalar)
- Kalcılar Inn
- Mahmut Pasha
- Great Inn
- Great Valide Inn.
- This tour is operated only with special permission.
- Visiting the rooftop is not allowed on Sundays, National and public holidays, and stormy, windy, and rainy days.
- Maximum 10 participants can visit the rooftop at the same time.
- Professional shooting is not allowed. Special permission from the authority of the market is required.
- Half-Day Walking Tour
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Grand Bazaar Rooftop entrance fee
- Local taxes
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Personal expenses
- Tip to the staff
- The guide and guests meet in Sultanahmet area.
- Hotel pick up & drop off can be arranged by private car.
NOT SUITABLE FOR:
- People with mobility impairments
- People with vertigo
- Pregnant ladies
- Only adult visitors are allowed to join this tour.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the service date. Cancellations with less than 24 hours are non-refundable.
- The price is valid for up to 10 participants
These reviews are made only by customers who have experienced this tour
We had a wonderful experience on the rooftop of Grand Bazaar where James Bond rode his motorcycle. The guide was also very experienced and informed us about everything. Its one of the most unique tours that every visitors must join.
Not Suitable For
Under 18 years old
Under 16 years old
Under 6 years old
Under 4 years old
Theme Of The Tour
Private Group Travel
Adventure & Adrenaline Tours
Local Places & Life Style Tours
Art, Culture & Design
Art & Culture & Design Tours
We have just received your demand. Our team is going to check and answer it after a short while. Your request will also be published here. Much appreciated for your kindest interest and patience.