Whirling Dervishes Show & Sema Ceremony, which has been going on for centuries, is one of the most important values of Turkish culture. Sema is a spiritual journey that represents filling one's soul with divine love. Whirling Dervishes Ceremony is known as the most mystical dance in the world, inspired by Rumi. (Mevlana).
The Mevlevi culture that emerged in the 13th century is an important value for the Turkish history. Thanks to the Sema Ceremonies, this culture has survived until today. Sema rituals must be performed most accurately to keep the Mevlevi culture alive and transfer it to future generations. You can watch the most perfect and original of this Whirling Dervishes Show & Sema Ceremony at Hodjapasha Cultural Center.
Located inside the building with a 540-year history, this show center is one of the most impressive and most visited venues in Istanbul. With its advantageous location and magnificent design, it is always the focus of attention of domestic and foreign tourists. Hodjapasha Cultural Center, which is accepted as one of the places that reflects Turkish culture the best with its exhibitions and unique shows, was built in 1470 by Hoca Sinan Pasha, the vizier of Fatih Sultan Mehmet.
Whirling Dervishes Show & Sema Ceremony is held every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday at 19:00 at Hodjapasha Cultural Center. This building, which served as a bath in the 15th century, now hosts this unique Sema show. There is no doubt that it will be very good for your soul to watch such an impressive show in this authentic venue.
This ceremony, which represents the ways to reach divine love, was included in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity in 2008 and proved to the whole world that it is definitely worth watching.
As soon as you step into this historical place, you will find yourself in the middle of a mystical ambiance. Experiencing this atmosphere and Whirling Dervishes Show & Sema Ceremony will make your Istanbul trip unforgettable.
- Introduction Video: 5 min
- Sufi Music Concert: 10 min
- Whirling Dervishes Ceremony (SEMA): 45 min
- Whirling Dervishes Show is a religious ceremony, even though it looks like a dance show. We kindly ask you not to talk, not to get up from your seat, and not to take flash photos while the dervishes are on stage.
- Whirling Dervishes Show attracts great attention, so we recommend that you buy your tickets in advance.
- This show is a spiritual ceremony, so please do not clap while watching. If you wish, you can clap the dervishes after they leave the stage.
- -We do not have a transfer service for the show.
- -Hodjapasha Cultural Center is 100 meters from Sirkeci Tram Stop. You can reach the place in a few minutes with the help of the map on the top right.
ADDRESS: Ankara Caddesi, Hocapaşa Hamamı Sok No: 3.B Sirkeci (Please see map for location)
DIRECTION FOR TAXI DRIVERS:
1- TAKSIM yönünden gelirken; Eminönü meydanını geçtikten sonra Sirkeci'ye dönün. Sirkeci tramvay durağını solunuza alacak şekilde devam edip ışıklardan hemen sonra solda köşesinde Kahve Dünyası'nın bulunduğu sokağın başında indirin.
2- SULTANAHMET yönünden gelirken; Cağaloğlu Alayköşkü caddesinden tramvay hattının bulunduğu caddeye girip, Gülhane Tramvay durağının yanından sola Ebusuud Caddesi'ne dönün, caddenin bitiminde sağa dönün ve 50 metre sonra sağda, köşesinde Kahve Dünyası'nın bulunduğu sokağın başında indirin.
- -Photography is not allowed during the show.
- -Please be in the hall 30 minutes before the show time.
- Important Notice : Late comers are allowed to enter the sema session first 10 minutes for the sake of peacefull ceremony. Booking of a visitors who come later than 15 minutes is regarded as No-Show and the ticket price will not be refunded.
- -Our theater is not suitable for wheelchairs.
- -Children under 7 years old are not allowed.
- -Free cancellation untill last 24 hours before the show starting time.
- -If you fail to cancel we have to apply no-show.
- -Social distance of one meter between guests will be maintained as much as possible.
- -Our guests are required to wear masks.
- -Our guests who do not have a mask will be given a mask at the entrance.
- -There are disinfectants in certain areas for our guests to use.
- -Beverage will not be served.
- -The body temperatures and health conditions of the guests participating in the show will be checked, and our guests with a fever above 37 degrees will not be accepted to the show.
- -Due to social distance, the capacity of the venue has been adjusted to correspond to 35% of the maximum capacity.
- The show price is per person
- Currency: Euro
These reviews are made only by customers who have experienced this tour
D*** S*** 02.08.2022 09:31:55
Easy booking and professional customer service. as soon as I booked whirling dervishes show, tranigo got in touch with me and gave all details. everything went very smooth. thanks
Not Suitable For
- Under 6 years old
Theme Of The Tour
- Family Trip
- Friends Trip
- Couple Travel
- Solo Travellers
- Religious Tours
- Girls Only
- Boys Only
- Historic Landmarks
- Walking Tour
Art, Culture & Design
- Dance, Shows & Performances Tours